OK….I know you can schedule 15 minutes to relax and de-stress, right?
That's all—just 15 minutes. 😉
Check out what WebMD says about stress….I quote…
- Forty-three percent of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress.
- Seventy-five percent to 90% of all doctor's office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.
- Stress can play a part in problems such as headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, depression and anxiety.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) declared stress a hazard of the workplace. Stress costs American industry more than $300 billion annually.
- The lifetime prevalence of an emotional disorder is more than 50%, often due to chronic, untreated stress reactions.
So now that you know the many adverse effects of stress…..let's start down the path of eliminating it!
Years ago, I was asked to record a Voice Over for Deepak Chopra's book, "Quantum Healing". (Yes—I'm a Voice Over Professional!)
It is still popular on Kindle, CD & print—and has helped 1,000's of people heal.
You can hear a sample of the recording on Amazon.
The following Meditation is great for folks who don't do well with "Silent" Meditations—like me! My mind doesn't work well with silence. I'm too distracted.
This video works best with headphones or earbuds, closed eyes and the time to be alone for 15 minutes. (If you don't have headphones….just listen on your speakers when you're alone.) If your mind wanders, just watch the soothing video and relax.
So how did you like the 15 minute break? Feel free to post your comments, below. Thanks!